- A home where The Province can engage the community in an education and a discussion about sports – specifically, to start, soccer.
- An inclusive resource for players and coaches to learn and train for their sport
- A community grassroots soccer forum for associations and school teams
- A content environment for a sponsor wanting to reach the soccer audience at a grass roots level. Run throughout the soccer season beginning in September and running right through the end of spring soccer in June.
- Two page weekly spread containing
- Practice plans and tips from BC Soccer
- Performance and conditioning advice from Rob Williams of the Williams Health Group
- Words of wisdom on nutrition and injuries from SportMedBC.
- Sponsor ownership of all ad positions and logo placement
Online – Stand Alone Microsite
- Video resources from drills and skill work to coaching and work out tips
- Downloadable practice plans
- Forum of questions for Soccer experts
- Helpful links
- Strength and conditioning
- Injury and rehabilitation
- Soccer news
- Sponsor has ownership of all ad placements including co-branding, wall paper, video & photo gallery and product placement
The Target Audience
- Soccer has the largest registered player base of 100,000 youth members and 20,000 senior members
- 15,000 certified coaches around the province
- Adults, kids, men, women, boys and girls, football clubs, schools and referees
BMO Fitness Head to Toe – 2011
The Fitness Head to Toe study guide offer encouraged teachers of Grade Three to Nine to order the newspaper study guide for their classroom.
Using this guide along with the newspaper, students learned how exercise, and how nutritional & lifestyle choices affect them from head to toe.
Over 200 classrooms throughout British Columbia participated in the program. The sponsor received logo inclusion on all in print and online promotion, including the eblast to all schools, as well as the logo on front cover and ownership of the outside back page of study guide.
- Deep brand association with soccer at a grass roots level, in a new and engaging way.
- Reaches 52,600 adult soccer players each month a total of 2.96 times in paper
- Reaches 679,300 adults each month a total of 2.7 times in paper
- TheProvince.com has an audience of 484,000 users each month, 176,000 of whom have children
- Support of BC Soccer and access to their 200,000 members
- Box cards on Province coin boxes
- Pre-launch ads in The Province and in community newspapers
- Big box and leader box ads on www.theprovince.com
- One ad per week during program
- Average click rate of 0.11
- Over 1,000,000 impressions delivered for sponsor
- Almost 2,000,000 promotional impressions delivered
- This was the perfect way for BMO to engage with non-elite young soccer players through their parents and coaches
- Through this program BMO was able to award a cash prize to a Team of the Week. They used our program as a way of marketing the contest with entries outpacing other markets as a result of leverage the Academy.